Flowserve Corporation Quality Engineer (NDE Engineer) in Suzhou, China
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is a world-leading manufacturer and aftermarket service provider of comprehensive flow control systems. Driven by our Purpose, we are committed to building a more sustainable future to make the world better for everyone. With more than 16,000 employees in more than 50 countries, we combine our global reach with local presence. We support more than 10,000 customers worldwide, creating products to meet the needs of our customers who are supplying energy, fresh water, pharmaceuticals and other essentials to consumers, businesses and governments globally.
Join a company where the people challenge themselves to approach each situation with ingenuity and creativity to help provide our customers with the most innovative flow control products and services. You will be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio, and unmatched commitment to customer success. Flowserve’s culture promotes recognition and rewards creativity, hard work, and commitment. We invite you to put your talents and career in motion at Flowserve.
Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses, medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, and many other excellent benefits!
This position will focus on Non-destructive testing related quality management.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· At least holding PT II, MT II, UT II, RT II certificate.
· At least holding one of PT III, MT III, and one of UT III, RT III certificate.
· Familiar with the all non-destruction(PT, MT, UT, RT, LT, ET) principle.
· Understand the strength and limitation of each DNE method.
· Familiar with inspection standard, such as NB/T 47013, ASME B 16.34, ASME division V etc.
· Certificate issue authority should be administration of supervision or ISO 9712 etc. not include the ASNT.
· More than 3 years practice experience to test the product.
· More than 5 years holding the internal and surface NDE certificate.
· Able to prepare the NDE technical process and prepare the NDE test block.
· Able to adjust the equipment before the DNE inspection.
· Able to assess the defect record and give the acceptance or not acceptance comments.
· Understand the NDE applicable scope and the phase to test.
· Execute the NDE to the incoming and process after machining, and welding surface.
· Assist QE to analysis and deal with the incoming and escape issues.
· Review the supplier documents.
· Assist supplier witness and supplier issues analysis.
· Training the incoming/process/final inspector about the NDE skill.
· Optimize the inspection work instructions when found problem during the executing process.
· Carry out professional and efficient analysis on the problems found by on site, implement and promote the continuous improvement of the quality of the client and the company.
· Participate in contract review and review Inspection and test plan (ITP).
· Prepare quality department working instruction and training documents.
Following skills will be better:
· Familiar with the material inspection standard, such as ASME division II etc.
· Work in boiler and pressure container industries. Valves company will preferred.
· It will be better to hold the certificate, like mechanical and chemical level II.
· Familiar with the Quality Management system(ISO9001, ASME, API Q1, etc.) and lead incoming, process and final inspector, improve the quality performance.
· Familiar with the Isolation Valve products(GGC, Ball) and its parts. Prepare and optimize the parts inspection instruction, and understand the components and parts principle and help to find root cause when problem happened.
· Able to take initiative and complete work independently while taking into account teamwork.
· Able to face challenging goals with a winning attitude.
Requirements & Qualification:
· Major in mechanical engineering with bachelor's degree or above
· Above 5 to 8 years NDE related work experience.
· Good communication and coordination skills, self-stimulate character.
· Possess English communication skills.
· Proficiency in using Office software.
Req ID : R-5782
Job Family Group : Engineering
Job Family : EN Quality Engineering
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.