Flowserve Corporation Quality Engineer (Material Engineer) in Suzhou, China
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
This position will focus on material quality engineering and management.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Familiar with the casting, forging, bar, and fastener material production process.
· Familiar with the melting process and know how to control the chemical component and inspection.
· Understand how to select the melting technical process to product the high level quality steel ingot.
· Understand the casting mold system and know which improvement could avoid the defect risk.
· Understand the different between precision casting and sanding casting.
· Familiar with forging technical process and understanding how to calculate the forging rate.
· Familiar with the heat treatment requirements, be able to figure out the curve record, know how to layout the thermocouple.
· Understand the four big heat treatment, quench, anneal, normalization, and temper.
· Familiar with the sampling requirements of forging and casting, and the sampling location and orientation requirement.
· Familiar with the physical and chemical test sample size requirements and the test process.
· Familiar with the ASME and ASTM Material manufacture and inspection requirements, ASME B 16.34 and ASME division VIII and II, such as 304/L,316/L,F51,F91,17-4,F6a,WCB,WCC,WC6,WC9,C12A,LCB, LCC,B7,B8,2H etc.
· Familiar with the procurement technical specification of containing pressure forging parts, such as NB/T 47008, NB/T 47009, NB/T 47010 etc.
· Familiar with the procurement technical specification of containing pressure casting parts, such as GB/T 32255, GB/T 16253 etc.
· Familiar with the physical and chemical standard ASTM A-370 and ASTM A-751.
· Familiar with the fastener standard GB/T 3098 and the test requirements.
· Assist QE to analysis and deal with the incoming and escape issues.
· Review the supplier documents.
· Assist supplier witness and supplier issues analysis.
· Training the incoming/process/final inspector about material knowledge.
· Optimize the inspection work instructions when found problem during the executing process.
· Carry out professional and efficient analysis on the problems found by on site, implement and promote the continuous improvement of the quality of the client and the company.
· Participate in contract review and review Inspection and test plan (ITP).
· Prepare quality department working instruction and training documents.
Following skills will be better:
· Familiar with the non-destruction(PT, MT, UT, RT, LT) inspection standard, such as NB/T 47013 etc.
· Work in boiler and pressure container industries. Valves company will preferred.
· It will be better to hold the certificate, like mechanical and chemical level II.
· Familiar with the Quality Management system(ISO9001, ASME, API Q1, etc.) and lead incoming, process and final inspector, improve the quality performance.
· Familiar with the Isolation Valve products(GGC, Ball) and its parts. Prepare and optimize the parts inspection instruction, and understand the components and parts principle and help to find root cause when problem happened.
· Able to take initiative and complete work independently while taking into account teamwork.
· Able to face challenging goals with a winning attitude.
Requirements & Qualification:
· Major in mechanical engineering with bachelor's degree or above
· Above 5 to 8 years material related work experience.
· Good communication and coordination skills, self-stimulate character.
· Possess English communication skills.
· Proficiency in using Office software.
Req ID : R-7207
Job Family Group : Engineering
Job Family : EN Engineering
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.