Flowserve Corporation Export Compliance Coordinator in Taneytown, Maryland
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to join our team as an Export Compliance Coordinator (ECC). The ECC is responsible for the implementation and management of our corporate export compliance program at our Taneytown facility.
This individual serves as the primary contact for approximately a third of the shipment volume to our customers ($20M on a yearly basis). Relying on strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and guide others, this role is key to coordinating all required activities related to compliance and ensuring all regulations are adhered to.
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Ensure the following are in compliance: Export license, approval or determination obtained by the facility; Export license applications or other filings with the agencies and all records of approval or denials.
• Keep up-to-date on all applicable export laws, regulations, and company policies and to complete the annual certification and re-certification requirements of being a Certified ECC.
• Conduct internal training on matters related to export control. Ensure site team members are trained and using the export compliance tools for product and technology exports and re-exports.
• Investigate complex, cross functional/company and multi-location export compliance issues and assist with the resolution in conjunction with the corporate Trade Compliance Team.
• Investigate compliance problems, questions, or complaints and when necessary, work with the corporate Trade Compliance Team, to make disclosures to government regulatory agencies; coordinate corrective actions with the business and track progress.
• Work closely with external parties, such as customs brokers and freight forwarders, and suppliers to drive continuous improvement, ensure quality performance, and regulatory compliance.
• Regularly assist in the following areas: Export Classification, Government Approvals, Export by Third Parties, Notice of Problems, Anti-boycott Documentation and Notification, Access by Employees who are Foreign Nationals (U.S.) and Access by Visiting Foreign Nationals (U.S.).
• Initiate periodic audits, assessments or reviews of trade control systems and develop procedures for measuring compliance.
• Identification and Correction of Export Compliance Gaps.
• Implement the Flowserve Market Withdrawal Policy concerning U.S. origin products and U.S. persons involvement (non – U.S.).
• Effectively manage multiple priorities that due to operational needs and/or customer change requests may change on a regular basis.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
• 2+ years experience in similar capacity, working with Customs brokers and freight forwarders.
• General knowledge of basic US Customs regulations and Free Trade Agreements (NAFTA, etc.).
• Proficient understanding of export process and demonstrated ability to identify opportunities in the process and take necessary actions to improve.
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with proven experience presenting or interacting with multiple layers within an organization.
• Demonstrated analytical skills and experience in applying through forecasting, scheduling, and reviewing technical information (drawings, data, etc.).
• Associate or higher-level degree in Operations, Supply Chain or other related field.
• Previous experience in Import or Export Compliance with manufactured engineered products.
• Existing knowledge of Flowserve products, processes and requirements related to export shipments.
Job Advertising Title: Export Compliance Coordinator
Primary Posting Location: Taneytown, Maryland US
Job Posting Category: Logistics
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 51538BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.