Flowserve Corporation Import & Export Specialist in Suzhou, China
Focus on the fulfillment of logistics requirements for their specific site through successful execution of site initiatives incorporating the strategy set by the Flowserve Global Logistics Team. Act as the liaison between the site shipping department and the Global Logistics team. Report directly to the site Supply Chain Manager and matrixed to global logistics group.
Responsibilities & Requirements: ●Execution of the tactical logistics needs.
● Liaison between site shipping department and Global Logistics Department.
● Accountable for compliance to the Logistics Playbook and ensure Roles of Engagement are executed and followed.
● Responsible for utilizing and adhering to the Global Logistics AVL.
● Ensure that the Freight Payment Policy is followed.
● Ensure Active Relationship exists with internal and external Flowserve entities (Risk Management Team, Trade Compliance, Operations, Flowserve Routing Center, etc.).
● Ensure active engagement within the site itself through attendance to Accountability meetings and regular meetings with Sales (Commercial Operations), Project Management (CSOF) & Supply Chain.
● Actively follow the delegation of Authority (DOA) for Freight Spend and escalate as needed.
● Manage the escalation process to resolve logistics issues within Site.
● Maintain a local relationship with approved suppliers and stakeholders and resolve/escalate complex supplier issues (through organized escalation).
●Participate in analysis of spend and optimization and develop improvement plans in line with logistics Area Specialists.
●Participate in monthly global logistics meetings/calls.
● Conduct Logistics training as required to all departments (i.e. Project Management, Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain, Planning. (i.e. Incoterms, Consolidation etc.).
●Accountable for all Commercial Documents to be supplied for International Domestic Logistics moves.
● Ability to understand and actively use carrier tracking reports to ensure commitments are met.
● Support any supply chain initiatives roll-out across the site/platform or any ad-hoc requests as directed by line manager.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
Transportation subject matter expert.
Ability to monitor and accurately produce logistics reports on a monthly basis.
Ability to analyze and manipulate data to create meaningful & concise critical data into reports.
Be familiar with all Global Logistics policies and procedures, and ensure they are adhered to at the site level.
Effective communication and customer service skills.
Proven ability to bring a cross-functional team together to achieve the desired logistics solution at the site level.
Ability to multi-task and set priorities accordingly.
Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
High energy and performance level.
Basic experience with ERP systems (SAP/Oracle)
Ability to make critical, time-sensitive decisions that may impact contractual agreements and business results
Able to perform other work-related duties as requested, directed or assigned.
5+ years Logistics-related work experience.
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Tableau, and Project place.
Fluent oral and written capabilities in English; with preference to one or more additionallanguages.
Strong organizational, communication and process definition capabilities.
Ability to perform Responsibilities and Accountabilities independently.
Job Advertising Title: Import & Export Specialist
Primary Posting Location: Suzhou, China
Job Posting Category: Logistics
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 50472BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.