Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Seoul, South Korea
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is looking for a technically and commercially experienced salesperson in the office (Applications Engineer). In this function you will develop solutions for customers and partners for industrial and special applications.
You will act as a product specialist in a team and work closely with the sales, development, and other specialist departments at the site.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Evaluate customer requirements, specifications, and other pertinent data.
• Assure proposed equipment meets technical and performance requirements.
• Prepare proposals using available information in Flowserve eCPQ program and common folders for various Flowserve products.
• Generate cost estimates when product cannot be priced from Affinity. Prepare proposal accordingly.
• Work closely with Sales to facilitate the sales effort.
• Review customer orders to insure they are acceptable relative to commercial terms, scope, price, and delivery.
• Understand and implement FLS corporate policy to achieve both customer and company goals.
• Cooperate with other departments to execute customer orders and meet customer requirements.
• Act as a primary point of contact for major customers and the division for coordinating multi-factory operations in support of the project initiatives, profit margins and schedules.
• Provide product support to sales team.
• Participate in pre- and post- award meetings.
Required Experience & Skills:
• BS Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related degree
• 35+ years of experience in developing technical bid packages
• Familiarity with rotating equipment
• Pump/rotating equipment experience a plus
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Experience applying API 610 and/or Hydraulic Institute standards
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills to interact with all facets of the organization
• Possess basic mechanical aptitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Req ID : R-289
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.