Flowserve Corporation Windchill Developer in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking the best and the brightest to join its team of IT professionals. The role is responsible to address technical and functional questions, gather requirements, resolve defects, provide end-user support, and develop new functionality for Windchill PLM with configurations or customizations in keeping with Windchill PLM best practices. Position requires Windchill customization and code development experience. Windchill PLM is an information management system that can integrate product data, processes, business systems and people in an extended enterprise.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
Overall responsibilities include:
• Establishes relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand complex business problems, performing application analysis and development for software implementation projects
• Utilizes reliable and thorough Windchill PLM application/process knowledge
• Completely document functional specifications, system design, test plans, test scripts and results.
• Works with the Analyst to understand the business requirements and develop and deploy PLM enhancements/functionality to meeting business goals, and fulfill end user requirements
• Works closely with other Engineering Systems functions in development and implementation of Windchill PLM application projects
• Works with cross-functional Flowserve teams to coordinate projects and enhancements, to test software, and to troubleshoot software issues.
• Works closely with the deployment and system documentation teams to properly document and deploy systems and enhancements including training requirements.
• Resolves application support issues (Second line) that require in-depth analysis
• Adheres to the requirements, maintenance, and QA standards of the development team
• Coordinate development work (including QA) around project release schedules.
• Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline with an Information Technology focus.
• 4+ years of experience as a programmer analyst or similar role with responsibilities working directly with the business to turn business requirements into working software
• Good functional knowledge of Windchill PLM including experience with various object types and programming APIs.
• 2+ years programming with the Windchill API
• Java programming background
• SQL Server experience (advanced SQL a plus)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated and effective collaborator.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate with business and IT stakeholders. Able to multi-task in high pressure, time-constrained situations, as well as influence when and where appropriate.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
Familiarity with engineering/CAD control processes and part, BOM, change control requirements.
Familiarity with SharePoint, proficiency in MS Office product suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Basic understanding of MS Project and MS Visio is preferred.
Experience working in or supporting multiple applications simultaneously. Experience working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
Strong comprehension of UI and User Experience components.
Other Posting Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US;, Houston, Texas US;, Raleigh, North Carolina US;
Job Posting Category: Information Technology
Primary Posting Location: Irving, Texas US
Job Advertising Title: Windchill Developer
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 52594BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.