Flowserve Corporation Supervisor, Planning in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
We are currently seeking a Planning Supervisor for our Raleigh manufacturing site. The Flowserve facility in Raleigh, NC is responsible for the manufacturing of a wide range of valves (Gate, Globe, Check, Butterfly, Ball Valves) for a variety of industries, including nuclear and oil/gas industries. This facility has 175K sq ft of manufacturing and inventory space.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Primary responsibilities of the Planning Supervisor will include but not be limited to the following:
• Direct the activities of the planning team at the Raleigh, NC facility. Scope of supervisory responsibilities includes all Production Planning for the Edward, Anchor darling, and heritage brands requirements for valves and parts.
• Actively participate and shape a safety and 6S conscious culture that willingly and proactively adheres to all safe shop and office work practices and embraces 6S as part of the daily routine.
• Actively lead and participate in a culture that embraces and adheres to all quality and procedure requirements that is demanded of a nuclear supplier.
• Actively participate in the S&OP process on a monthly and quarterly basis. Ensure Production Planning manages an accurate planned backlog of all hardware and non-inventory items at all times which accounts for all constraining factors and can be used to accurately forecast customer order delivery expectations.
• Lead effective and positive teamwork to collaborate with all other cross functional support departments as required to maintain schedule adherence for planned shipments.
• Ensure timely release of work orders. Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure proper prioritization of needed routings to support timely release of work orders.
• Work closely as a team with Manufacturing to help set priorities and minimize capacity constraints.
• Support inventory management tasks, transactions and cycle and physical inventory counts as required.
• Support Commercial Operations to achieve timely quotation and bookings goals with accurate delivery estimates needed to secure MRO and Project opportunities for valves and parts. Actively seek cost and lead-time reductions through material substitution and sub-contracting opportunities.
• Hire, train, and complete succession planning needed to sustain the business. Set clear expectations, train and hold personnel accountable as required.
Education and experience required:
• BA/BS degree required with technical or sciences background.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of project or planning experience is required.
• Experience with MRP/ERP Business Systems, MS Excel and MS Project or similar project tracking software is preferred.
• Strong administration, communication, and facilitating skills required to interact with all facility personnel and customers via demonstrated proven experience.
• Ability to multi-task and work with little direction is required in order be able to demonstrate the high level of initiative that will be required to track, monitor and adhere to planned work schedules.
Preferred Experience / Skills: • CPIM Certification is a plus.
• Experience with international customers is preferred.
• Cross-functional knowledge of manufacturing processes is preferred.
• Familiarity with valves and/or engineered products for commercial/nuclear industry applications is a plus.
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Supervisor, Planning
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50770BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.