Flowserve Corporation Sales Support Representative in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Sales Support Representative (SSR) is responsible for the coordination and internal processing of orders at Flowserve’s Raleigh-based manufacturing site. The SSR is the primary point of contact for the customer and collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and other departments in order to respond to customer inquiries. The SSR is involved with an order from the time it is entered through shipment and successful installation by the customer. The SSR helps the organization achieve on time delivery, high quality in both products and documents, accurate forecasts, and positive long term customer relationships.
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Coordinate all customer-facing activities and requests for your assigned customer accounts with the specific goal of providing exceptional customer service and achieving the financial and operational goals of the Flowserve Raleigh site.
• Promote a positive and professional working atmosphere, where initiative is used to identify and implement process improvements.
• Review incoming orders including all technical and commercial elements, change orders, and customer documentation requests using the applicable Flowserve procedures, software, and collaboration with other functional departments.
• Manage the orders generated and processed by you as they progress through the Raleigh site. This may include order entry, execution planning and kick-off meetings, order risk reviews, communication planning, and other activities that enable successful order execution.
• Review customer purchase orders to confirm compliance with quoted pricing, delivery, and terms of sale, and ensure that all required order elements are accurately entered into the ERP system and are processed in accordance with site procedures and instructions, in addition to regulatory codes and trade compliance policies.
• Collaborate with other teams and functional departments to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all internal and customer-facing actions, submittals, and approvals necessary to support the order delivery and payment schedules. This includes, but is not limited to, the release of quality plans and bills of material, execution and submittal of all documentation and software required by the contract, management of customer inspections and hold points, on-time shipment of hardware and processing of all progress payment and final invoices, bonds, and other activities required to ensure timely cash receipts.
• Participate in a positive and proactive manner in order to remove bottlenecks on critical path items in order to ensure that order activities remain on schedule.
• Maintain ownership for these orders throughout the entire order life-cycle, including final cash collection as required.
• Coordinate customer feedback reporting and RMA processes for assigned customers in order to drive customer satisfaction through the effective correction and resolution of customer concerns.
• Provide leadership within the site to ensure concerns are addressed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Support the Safety and 6S goals, to include maintaining your office environment to ensure it is free of clutter, clean, professional, and well-organized.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, suppliers, and the Raleigh team and portray a professional image at all times. Be supportive of co-workers and display a willingness to help others within the organization beyond the normal bounds of your immediate responsibilities.
High school diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2 or more years’ experience is a sales, order fulfillment, sales support or customer service role.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
Sales support experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Sales Support Representative
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 51004BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.