Flowserve Corporation Quality Control Inspector in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve.
As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to
the values of people first, integrity and safety.
Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The QC Inspector is expected to be able to assume the responsibilities and duties needed for daily inspections, as driven by the priorities set forth from the QC Lead and/or QC Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Responsibilities of the QC Inspector may include but are not limited to the following:
• Complete day-to-day quality inspection functions including but not limited to material receipt inspection, commercial grade dedication, and applicable in-process inspections through to final acceptance
• Capable of meeting or exceeding the departmental key metrics for the Quality Control Department. This includes, but is not limited to (Average Inspections Per Inspector), with a Departmental Average of (40.00 Inspections /Inspector)
• Capable of overseeing and/or verifying compliance to hydrostatic/pneumatic testing, as needed
• Visually and Dimensionally inspect valves and components in accordance with internal procedures, customer requirements, drawings, applicable codes and standards
• Liquid Penetrant Testing performed by certified personnel when required
• Knowledge and Ability to read and understand drawings, procedures, and applicable material codes as necessary
• Capable of working with/alongside customer inspectors/representatives and regulatory individuals as needed
• Capable of reporting results of inspections on applicable Flowserve documentation (i.e. – Reports, Routings, etc.) with an error rate of (≤ 0.25%)
• Capable of identifying and reporting various nonconformance’s
• Assist with and understand the need for continuous improvement efforts
• Capable of assisting with Raleigh’s Internal Audit / Monitoring Performance, if needed
• Capable of successfully performing inspections/verifications for internal and external audits as needed
• Collaborate as a team, and help other inspectors with inspections as needed
• Help with the cross-training of other inspectors for continuous improvement of inspector abilities, to help build and facilitate stronger and more diverse inspection department
• Ability to read and understand various types measuring and test equipment, while ensuring calibration status and proper usage
• Continuously evaluate the processes and procedures being utilized by the Quality Department, and report/assist in revision of any process/procedure needed to help facilitate a Lean Culture/Process. This can be documented using CIPQuest and Kaizen Events/Projects
• Maintain a professional and teamwork culture that continues to drive the coefficient cross functional support / teamwork across the facility
• Abide by all safety, quality, attendance, and company policies/procedures
• Complete all annual PMP developmental and individual objectives, including rating levels and comments
Responsibilities & Requirements :
• One year of satisfactory performance as a Level I in the corresponding inspection or test category or class; OR High School graduation plus three years of related experience in equivalent inspection or testing activities; OR completion of college level work leading to an associate degree in a related discipline plus one year of related experience in equivalent inspection or testing activities; OR graduation from a four year college plus six months of related experience in equivalent inspection or testing activities
• Capable to work in other inspection areas, when needed
• Ability to read and follow written instructions, analyze and interpret drawings, technical specifications, etc.
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
• Experience operating measuring and test equipment
• Demonstrated understanding of a Nuclear Safety-related Quality Program and its requirements
• Computer literacy with standard Windows programs and other menu-driven software programs
• Individual must be extremely detail oriented
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written, in a clear, concise manner
• Able to work additional hours beyond standard work week as needed
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
Preferred Experience / Skills: In addition to the above requirements, the following would be a plus:
• Experience and knowledge of Flowserve lines and products
• Qualification as a Level II Inspector or willingness to be trained on dimensional inspection and Level II in Liquid Penetrant Certification to ASNT SNT-TC-1A
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Quality Control Inspector
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50712BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.