Flowserve Corporation Project Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
We are adding an experienced Project Manager to our Raleigh manufacturing facility. Reporting to the site Contracts Manager, the Project Manager will take ownership of the entire project lifecycle from project handover, into execution and delivery, and handover to aftermarket services and project closeout. The success of the project is measured by safety, client satisfaction, completed contractual requirements and company profitability.
Flowserve is a global company offering highly competitive salary, annual bonus, generous paid time off, paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and benefits that begin on day 1 of employment.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Takes full responsibility for the project's financial performance and reports information to senior and executive management.
• Acts as the single point of contact with clients on strategic Flowserve contracts.
• Establishes strong client relationships and maintains those relationships through adversity.
• Leverage industry best practices and published Flowserve processes to ensure project financials, documentation, risk management and schedule management adheres to key KPIs.
• Identifies potential project risks, evaluates, and initiates corrective action to prevent suboptimal performance.
• Executes the project in a safe, efficient, and timely manner in accordance with the client agreed contract and specifications.
• Develops and leads the project team ensuring adequate resources and with the competencies are assigned to the project per the per the manpower profile.
• Ensures Flowserve’s interests are protected, and contractual risk is minimized.
• Possesses a firm understanding of contract positions, requirements and technical specifications and looks for cost saving opportunities.
• Identifies and manages changes to the project scope of supply and negotiates variation orders for customer driven changes in accordance with Flowserve processes and contract requirements.
• Ensures clear and open communication with project team members and between project team and functional groups, changes in scope of work and schedule are captured in the Change Management System (MOC) and the implementation of Lessons Learned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical discipline.
• 5 – 7 or more years of progressive experience in leading manufacturing projects with proven success in a customer-facing environment.
• Knowledge of capital projects execution, EPC projects, or other engineered-to-order project organizations.
• Proficiency with MS office suite including Microsoft project, document control and risk management software.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills is a must.
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% if required.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English are a must.
• Strong presentation and communications skills to effectively coordinate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational and cross-cultural skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize.
• Ability to work independently to design and implement business processes.
Preferred Experience / Skills: PMP, IAPM, or other project management certification is preferred.
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Project Manager
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 52208BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.