Flowserve Corporation Program Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Provide Leadership - both strategic and tactical - to the Project Management Team in support of Raleigh business objectives. The Project Management Team is responsible for managing the successful achievement of all contractual obligations for major engineered valve orders (projects) executed by the Raleigh site. This includes complete ownership and accountability for the execution of the order from receipt through final payment and/or warranty periods, including all tactical, technical, commercial, and administrative elements of the work.
You will participate as a proactive member of the Raleigh Site Leadership Team, and manage the project management department as an integral part of Raleigh operations, providing strategic direction, planning and administration of all project management resources in alignment with the overall site business objectives and within the department’s operational budget.
Nature & Scope:
Management level position responsible for 6 project managers, with responsibility for major contracts totaling more than $30 million in annual revenue. Daily collaboration is required with customers, cross-functional departments, intercompany operations, and corporate resources to successfully execute in this role
Responsibilities & Requirements: Key Responsibilities:
• Monitor and support the project managers in developing and sustaining customer relationships including effective communications that grows or enhances a productive relationship between the parties across Raleigh’s portfolio of project work. Participate in, and manage as required, discussions and negotiations with the customer to resolve an issue or engage the customer to reach a successful conclusion of an activity with viable solutions.
• Provide operational oversight of the day-to-day execution of the project management program across the portfolio of work to include as a minimum schedule adherence, budget compliance, change management, technical and quality compliance, project financial performance, and risk assessment and mitigation. Provide support to the project managers to integrate critical thinking and forward-looking decision making that leverages established project management concepts and principals in all aspects of the execution of work.
• Maintain a strong cadence of communication to key Flowserve stakeholders to ensure all parties are kept informed regarding the status of the project management program and portfolio performance (OTD, margins, COPQ, past due backlog, etc.) Effectively communicate on a monthly basis (and more frequently as required) the financial performance of the portfolio of projects to internal Flowserve stakeholders. Ensure each project manager maintains a cadence of communication with their customer to keep them informed of the status of their project, including monthly project status reporting, etc.
• Develop, implement, and track continuous improvement activities that are designed to drive operational effectiveness & efficiency within the project execution work process.
• Ensure the function of project execution and the work produced for all projects are in compliance with the site quality manual, the applicable regulatory code requirements, and with all relevant Flowserve policies and procedures.
• Actively communicate with the FCO Director of Project Management and proactively participate with the continued development, deployment and implementation of the GPMEO Program requirements to ensure consistency in execution performance across the FCO Platform as an integral part of the “One Flowserve” concept.
• Participate and support the acquisition of new work activity as required, to achieve Raleigh’s business objectives.
• 4-year degree in an engineering or related business field, 5 - 10 years (or more) of project management experience, including 5+ years in a Program Management, Project Management Team Lead or similar role.
• Demonstrated success in leading and managing project teams with the ability to influence cross-functional teams and company leadership as needed.
• Sound working knowledge and familiarity with contract terms and conditions for customer-facing projects with a solid understanding of the risks and commercial impact related to contract execution.
• Demonstrated business acumen and experience with project financial management including budgeting, cost analysis and managing project profitability (margins) as an integral part of achieving the organization’s business and financial objectives.
• Proactive in initiating, developing and sustaining effective customer relationships.
• Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in developing, managing and analyzing project execution plans and schedules, including use of Microsoft Project or similar CPM scheduling software.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to make critical decisions as issues arise.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate others, inspire teamwork, and to consistently acknowledge contributions by others.
Preferred Experience / Skills: The following would be a plus, but not required:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
• MBA degree a plus
• Direct project management background in projects for engineered products in a manufacturing environment
• Project management experience in key Flowserve related markets (power, nuclear, upstream oil & gas, refining, chemicals, etc.
• Familiarity with nuclear industry requirements including ASME Sections II and III, 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, and NQA-1
• CIP Green Belt training or Lean Manufacturing experience
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Program Manager
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50734BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.