Flowserve Corporation Production Planner in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
We are seeking a Production Planner for our Raleigh manufacturing operation. This is an opportunity that provides an interesting and complex work environment coupled with excellent long term growth potential.
In this role you will collaborate with Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure accurate work center capacity and routing standards and ensure timely release and close of production work orders. You'll work heavily with purchasing to ensure material arrives when necessary to support production. You will evaluate the impact of new demand and customer change requests on production requirements and make accurate delivery commitments to customers.
Responsibilities & Requirements: As a Production Planner you will be responsible for the following:
• Managing production planning activities for product within a Flowserve Raleigh Value Stream.
• Schedule, manage and maintain an accurate backlog for products with assigned planner codes that can be used to accurately forecast expected shipments while creating and managing production schedules to drive schedule adherence.
• Load capacity at work centers, including both internal work centers and outside processing.
• Identify gaps to the schedule and coordinate gap-closing actions, including collaboration with other departments and own and maintain accurate planning master data tied to products within assigned planner codes.
Candidates should possess the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related field.
• 5+ years of Supply Chain experience in an MRP environment.
• Well organized and a highly motivated team player.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to work across organizational boundaries.
• High degree of initiative and ownership.
• Can demonstrate a passion for innovation and waste elimination.
• Comfortable with an environment in culture-change mindset.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated commitment to safety.
Preferred Experience / Skills: Experience with castings and machined parts is preferred; ASCM CPIM or CSCP Certification is a plus.
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Production Planner
Job Posting Category: Logistics
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50758BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.