Flowserve Corporation Manager, Supply Chain in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Lead and manage the site supply chain team to deliver site-operational objectives and provide outstanding supply chain service levels on quality and delivery whilst achieving lowest total cost of acquisition for direct material, indirect goods and services, and logistics.
Be an integral part of site management team, representing strategies and objectives of Global Supply Chain team (GSC).
Drive deployment of supply chain processes and resource development while adhering to company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Site Annual spend of approximately $ 31M USD for direct material, $1M USD for logistics and $5M USD for indirect, excluding capital.
• Manage the team of Buyers who are responsible for acting on order suggestions (requisition or other) and exception messages generated by MRP system.
• Manage the team of Logistics Analysts who are responsible for handling the daily logistics movements for incoming goods to the site.
• In collaboration with the Global Supplier Performance Group, manage supplier performance (on-time delivery and quality) for site specific deliveries/suppliers.
• Track and improve site supply chain KPIs vs those defined by the Platform Supply Chain Director/Global Supply Chain.
• Drive cost reduction initiatives aligned with GSC strategies to meet annual operating plan (AOP) and long-term business objectives.
• Manage, minimize / eliminate supplier inflation/price increase request(s) and escalate to appropriate Global Supply Chain team for further leverage accordingly.
• Support site PWC objectives by leveraging inventory management opportunities and supplier payment terms (examples: Make vs. Buy strategy / Supplier Managed Inventory programs / Net 60 days as minimum supplier pay term).
• In coordination with the respective teams within the Global Supply Chain, ensure utilization of strategic tools and processes to achieve objectives of improved on-time delivery and quality and reduced cycle times and total cost of acquisition
• Facilitate and oversee critical supply-site quality issues between Operations, Engineering, Customers and Suppliers as required. Support and lead NCR, CAR, and capacity/lead-time improvement initiatives for locally managed suppliers (and coordinate with the Supplier Performance Group for centrally managed suppliers).
Preferred Experience / Skills: • 5+ years Supply Chain / Commodity Management experience.
• Pursuit of Professional Accreditation (APICS, PMA, ASQ, CSCP, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business (Supply Chain Management or International major) preferred.
• Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress.
• Computer literacy applied to scheduling and data management.
• Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
• Ability to work within a matrix organization with good influencing and effective listening skills.
• Familiarity with valves and/or engineered products for nuclear industry applications is preferred
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Manager, Supply Chain
Job Posting Category: Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50523BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.