Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
We are seeking a Machinist for our Raleigh facility. In addition to competitive base pay, we offer annual bonuses, benefits on day 1 of employment, generous paid time off/paid holidays, pension plan and 401(k).
The Machinist will machine, inspect and produce manufactured product per operating procedures and instructions. Machines used in shop: Kearney Treker, Mori Seiki, Olofson, Schiess, Mitsubishi, Cincinnati and Mazak machines.
Preferred Experience / Skills: • One to three years of machining experience or graduate of machining program.
• One to three years experience in set-up and operation of CNC and Manual Lathe and Milling Machines.
• Experience in the use of micrometers, vernier calipers, overhead crane and hand tools.
• Proper use of shop arithmetic.
• Possess strong mechanical ability.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Knowledge of machining methods, cutting tools, cutting qualities of metals and overall manufacturing experience.
• Experience preferred in the use of Kearney Treker, Mori Seiki, Olofson, Schiess, Mitsibutsi, Cincinnati, and Mazak machines.
• Experience preferred in machining castings.
• Ability to stand from 9-10 hours per day.
• Must be focused and alert at all times.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Machine parts and castings to close tolerances.
• Work from layouts and dimensions on drawings, using indicators, height gauges, etc.
• Load, align, set-up and operate machines per drawing instructions.
• Unload and perform checks for quality.
• Perform deburr casting/part, as required.
• Maintain quality and quantity.
• Maintain clean and orderly work area.
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Maintain records of production (route cards)
• Enter data into computer
• Current first shift hours are 4:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. M-Thursday (4, 10-hour shifts per week)
• Ability to work overtime and weekends, as requested.
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Posting Category: Operations
Job Advertising Title: Machinist
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50502BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.