Flowserve Corporation Design Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Design Engineer will be responsible for engineered valve production orders, supporting development initiatives, aiding in the production process through reject ticket disposition, diagnostic testing, and troubleshooting for both nuclear and non-nuclear customers. The individual must possess a strong technical background/education to adequately address the complexity of valve orders, design changes, and production issues. This role will provide global technical support for the Flowserve FCO division for isolation valves including Gate, Globe and Check Valves.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
• 10+ years of experience in engineered manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of nuclear industry requirements including ASME Sections II, III and VIII, 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, and NQA-1
• Experience with gate, globe, and check valves (GGC)
• Global mindset with the ability to understand, help plan, and execute a comprehensive strategy for the GGC product lines
• Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD systems; Solidworks and ANSYS experience is preferred
• Working knowledge of RCC-M code is a plus
• Electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems knowledge is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline from an accredited university required. An advanced degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred but not required.
• PE certification preferred.
• Must have a high sense of urgency to plan and execute order requirements to meet shipment schedule as well as deal with ongoing shop floor issues, customer issues, and documentation creation.
• Interpersonal skills are critical for optimum communication with cross-functional departments as well as internal and external customers.
• Aptitude for mechanical and analytical work, with the ability to analyze situations and make sound recommendations.
• Ability to produce professional engineering reports and presentations in keeping with company policies & objectives.
• Lean mentality with an attitude for continuous improvement, looking for ways to advance plant and Engineering processes
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Take ownership of projects from valve selection/quotation/design through shipment and customer support. This includes specification review, creation of technical engineering reports, writing Bill of Materials, writing quality assurance plans and inspection test plans, creating product models, creating testing and other miscellaneous procedures, dealing with production challenges, and interfacing with customers as needed.
• Provide leadership and support to other Engineers to help train them technically and professionally
• Provide quotation input (valve/part selection, design input, engineering time estimates) to inside sales on or before required due dates to ensure prompt customer service.
• Fully support plant wide continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and cost reduction initiatives by contributing to an active CIP/lean program within the engineering department.
• Drive personal, departmental, and plant success through well-defined metrics and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Job Advertising Title: Design Engineer
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 49967BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.