Flowserve Corporation Millwright - Precision Assembler in Leduc, Alberta
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
At Flowserve, working on global infrastructure projects is just another day at the office but it takes the brains and imagination of our more than 19,000 employees to get the job done right. If the solution exists, we’ll find it. If it doesn’t, we’ll create it. Experience, leadership and creativity are the tools we use to turn an idea into a solution.
Together, we enable the world.
The Precision Assembler is responsible for repairing and assembling rotating equipment. The Precision assembler will work on a diverse range of rotating equipment including, but not limited to, BBx, OHx, vertical pumps, small compressors, Decoking equipment, and other high energy pumps. The Precision Assembler will work with team leads and other team members to execute work as provided on work instructions, routers, drawings, and checklists. The Precision Assembler will select and use appropriate inspection equipment to check dimensions of all critical components during the assembly and repair process. Ensures all components are properly cleaned and free from foreign material following our FME (Foreign Material Exclusion) procedures. Ensures all forms and documentation is complete with photos as required. The Precision Assembler will paint, install all tagging, and prep the pump prior to shipment to the customer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Work safely while helping colleagues work safely and utilizing Stop Work Authority when appropriate
· Follow pre-job brief and checklists prior to assembling a part
· Use mechanical aptitude to repair and assemble rotating equipment
· Experience with the proper and safe use of various common power and hand tools needed to assemble rotating equipment
· Follow all routers and assembly procedures needed to accurately repair and assemble rotating equipment
· Inspect and verify quality of finished work with precision measurement tools (i.e. micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, etc.)
· Conduct low pressure air tests and high pressure hydrostatic tests
· Communicate clearly to peers and supervisors any related job issues
· Ability to work efficiently within fixed time windows for each manufacturing process
· Experience in reading prints and drawings
· Willingness to work with local team on developing new tools and hardware as part of on-going Continuous Improvement projects within the facility
· Exhibit behavior that encourages teambuilding, decision making, problem solving, and continuous improvements
· Utilize cranes, lifting devices, and fork trucks
· Comply with all Flowserve policies and procedures; specifically around time and attendance, safety, and productivity
· High school diploma or equivalent in lieu of education
· 3+ years of general mechanical experience. Certification of Trade school training may be accepted in lieu of experience
· Must own or be willing to quickly procure set of personal SAE hand tools and a roll-around toolbox
· Able to read and interpret prints, shop drawings, assembly checklists, and other written work instructions
· Accurately set up and read precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, and other gauges
· Basic computer aptitude to learn data entry systems as well as Microsoft Word and Outlook
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English and able to effectively understand work instructions, safety procedures, and company policies.
· Must be able to effectively communicate job status and support handovers from shift to shift
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds with a full range of hand and upper-body motion to work with tools and parts.
· Experience working in a cross-functional, diverse, and responsive team
Skills and Capabilities
· Demonstrated attention to detail and processes
· Excellent organizational skills
· Must show a customer-service mindset for on-time delivery and quality workmanship
· Ability to work independently, problem solve, and prioritize work assignments with support from Team Lead and Supervisor
· Must be able and willing to work overtime hours including weekends and holidays when dictated by customer emergencies and business needs
· Knowledge of service environment activities including DCI, machining, assembly, test, and field service for rotating equipment.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing work environment
· Prior experience working the fast-paced and unpredictable environment around repair services.
· Strong drive to make things happen and a strong “can do” attitude
· Demonstrate a desire for personal growth and career development
Solving a problems through team collaboration leverages our different experiences and global diversity which leads to innovative solutions greater than any one person could develop alone. Be a part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. We invite you to put your talents and experience in motion with Flowserve. Together, we enable the world.
Flowserve Corporation and its subsidiaries (“Flowserve") provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic disposition or other legally protected status.
This policy applies to all conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, termination, layoff, recall from layoff and social and recreational programs.
Flowserve will comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws which affect the management of human resources.
Req ID : R-1180
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.