Flowserve Corporation Quality Assurance Co-op/Intern in Kalamazoo, Michigan
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence. Our Kalamazoo, MI facility is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Intern/ Co-op. She/He will assist to drive the Quality Assurance strategy within the site. Promote the culture of continuous improvement through the application of Quality systems and Continuous Improvement tools. She/He will also support Operational Excellence and Cost Reduction initiatives to achieve the goals of the site. The position is responsible for promoting, coordinating, and supervising the NCMR, Artisan Program, supporting SAP quality training activities, and following up on improvement strategies in coordination with the site's Quality System Action Committee.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Ensure compliance with KPI goals on-site, manages the NCMR and Artisan process
• Document best practices, lessons learned and helps employees capture root cause analysis leveraging basic problem-solving methodologies like 5 why and Kaizen events
• Support initiatives, and lead Kaizens Events/projects with supervisors of the site
• Give support for the correct monitoring of NCMR closure (SAP, etc.) and SFM (Shop Floor Management) methodology
• Assist with the QA activities/projects with an emphasis on Inspection, Planning, and Order Management areas.
• Ensure compliance with the Kaizen program on-site.
• Assist in the implementation of Global QA strategies and tools.
• Document best practices in the CIPQuest system.
• Support initiatives and projects of the departments at the site.
• Give support for the correct monitoring of the QA, CI methodology.
• Junior or Senior pursuing an Undergraduate Engineering degree
• Must attend a local college such as Western Michigan University or Grand Valley State University
• Must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
Preferred Experience / Skills:
• Analysis capacity
• Communication and coaching skills (assistant in training)
• Ability to coordinate workshops/Kaizen teams.
• Passion to develop and make his/her professional career.
• Knowledge in Quality Systems, continuous improvement tools & methods, Lean manufacturing, SFM (Shop Floor Management), 6S, Kaizen workshops, Problem Solving tools, good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
Job Advertising Title: Quality Assurance Co-op/Intern
Primary Posting Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Job Posting Category: Other
Employment Type: Part time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 55351BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.