Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Kalamazoo, Michigan
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Performing various tasks within the Carbon/Teflon Department while maintaining a team atmosphere with an emphasis on cross-training.
This will be a 2nd shift opportunity working Monday - Friday from 3pm-11:30pm. 5% shift differential.
Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses, shift differentials, medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
New hires are eligible for up to a $2500 SIGN ON BONUS! Apply to find out more!
• Main Focus: Carbon
• Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages teambuilding, decision making, problem-solving and continuous improvement.
• Strive to exceed efficiency, utilization, and productivity metrics, while maintaining good quality.
• Adhere to safe work habits, rules and practices, including the correct use of safety devices and equipment; maintain a clean and orderly workplace to include preventative machine maintenance.
• Responsible for quality of work performed; work efficiently and to required specifications with minimal supervision.
• Willing to move to where needed.
• Must have flexibility in work hours (shift) and willing to work overtime.
• Additional duties as assigned by team leader and/or supervisor.
• Train and maintain skills needed to support main Carbon/Teflon functions as needed.
• Participate in KSM, CI, 6S, and other team/site initiatives.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Previous CNC, manual machining skills, preferred, not required.
• Previous experience with mics, calipers, and gages preferred, not required.
• Good communication/interpersonal skills.
• Good teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Strong self-motivation and work ethics.
• Must be able to perform all physical requirements of the position. Lifting devices/aids will be provided for heavier objects.
• Must be able to operate and maneuver around machinery safely to protect yourself and coworkers.
Req ID : R-3676
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.