Flowserve Corporation IT Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is seeking the best and the brightest to join its team of Engineers within IT. The role is responsible for addressing technical and functional questions, requirement gathering, migration support, and provide end-user support for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems like Windchill PLM, OE PDMS, and related systems. Product lifecycle management (PLM) is an information management system that can integrate product data, processes, business systems and people in an extended enterprise.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
Overall responsibilities include:
• Establishes relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand business problems related to the CAD and PLM applications
• Utilizes reliable PLM application/process knowledge
• Document specifications, test plans, test scripts and results.
• Works with the Analyst to understand the business requirements and the Developers to understand the application architecture, supporting development and deployment of PLM applications/functionality in meeting business goals, fulfill end user requirements, and identify and resolve system issues
• Works closely with other Engineering Systems functions in development and implementation of PLM application projects
• Works with cross-functional Flowserve teams to coordinate projects and enhancements, to test software, and to troubleshoot software issues.
• Works closely with the deployment and system documentation teams to properly document and deploy systems and enhancements including training requirements.
• Works on integration and conversion activities using preferred toolset
• Resolves application support issues (Second line) that require in-depth analysis
• Creates or modify reports based on business needs using various reporting tools.
• Adheres to the requirements, maintenance, and QA standards of the development team
• Coordinate development work (including QA) around project release schedules.
• Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering with some Information Technology focus.
• 2+ years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility working directly with the business to understand business requirements
• Basic knowledge of PLM systems including experience with workflow processes.
• CAD background with one or more CAD packages
• JAVA background a plus
• SQL Server database background a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated and effective collaborator.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate with business and IT stakeholders. Able to multi-task in high pressure, time-constrained situations, as well as influence when and where appropriate.
Preferred Experience / Skills: Familiarity with engineering/CAD control processes. Familiarity with SharePoint, proficiency in MS Office product suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Basic understanding of MS Project and MS Visio is preferred. Experience working in or supporting multiple applications simultaneously. Experience working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment. Strong comprehension of UI and User Experience components.
Other Posting Location: Atlanta, Georgia US;, Boston, Massachusetts, US;, Bridgeport, New Jersey US;, Chesapeake, Virginia US;, Chicago, Illinois US;, Dallas, Texas US;, Denver, Colorado US;, Houston, Texas US;, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania US;
Primary Posting Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Job Posting Category: Information Technology
Job Advertising Title: IT Engineer
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50471BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.