Flowserve Corporation Automation Mounting Design Engineer in Irving, Texas
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The role of the Automation Mounting &Design Engineer is to lead the efforts in designing and adapting Flowserve automation products to 3rd party valves and systems. In this role the engineer must be able to measure, analyze, adapt our products and recommend solutions to equipment automation and control and systems to improve performance and reliability. This person must be clever, creative and a good leader that can work with field technicians and other engineering to collect all the necessary geometry and parameters that are needed to automation 3rd party products with Flowserve automation products. To start there will be a significant focus on adapting our digital positioners and switch boxes to 3rd party control or isolation valves.
As a project leader, Automation Mounting &Design Engineer will direct and drive the duties of a multidiscipline team to design, propose, implement, analyze, and execute the automation of 3rd party valves. This will include a strong relationship with our 3rd party mounting and hardware suppliers. This work will be global in nature and should be transferable to all FLS sites in the FCD business. The Automation Mounting & Design Engineer is a highly skilled and valuable member of the Flowserve Engineering Community and will effectively engage the entire organization for the development of unique technical solutions. This engineer will also lead a team of engineers to help support this business in the engineering center in Bangalore, India. This will require the integrating the team into the day to day work. This team will do the bulk of drafting, modeling and BOM work as the business requires.
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Design engineered mounting solutions for third party actuated and control valves
• Review current accessory (limit switch and positioner) mounting kits for 3rd party products and:
o Identify gaps in Flowserve current mounting kit offering
o If multiple designs for an application exist chose most appropriate for Flowserve’s standard offering that reduces the cost to the lowest level
o Ensure current accessory mounting kits will work reliably with all current Flowserve limit switch and positioner offerings
o Redesign mounting kits that do not work with all of Flowserve’s limit switch or positioners to work with all of Flowserve’s limit switch and positioners
o Create a drawing for all current mounting kits that do not have drawings
o Create an accurate BOM for all current mounting kits
o Create installation instructions for all current mounting kits
• Perform field assessments identifying a Plants installed base of automated and control valves ensuring Flowserve has accessory mounting kits for each application that will require a Flowserve positioner or limit switch
• Create standards for Flowserve accessory mounting kits and hardware
• Create templates for field use that illustrate what is needed from the application for Flowserve to design an accurate mounting kit on.
• Utilize the Engineering team in the Bangalore engineering center as key team members to accomplish the needed work.
• Identify and qualify suppliers for accessory mounting kits
• Provides technical help to in-house and field sales people in the resolution of mounting kit problems
• Ensure that drawings, layouts and design decisions within the designated design authority follow company standards and nationally recognized drafting and tolerancing standards such as the ANSI Y14 series.
• Record and report findings, make corrections and help develop and implement permanent, cost effective solutions.
• Develop and maintain expertise on the CAD (SolidWorks) system, including solid modeling capabilities.
• Help to develop standard works practices and design standards as it relates to automated and control valve accessory mounting kits
• Coordinate engineered activities as it related to accessory mounting kits with other FCO offices globally.
• Build an engineering library and database of all current and future automated and control valve mounting kits
• Identify ideas for product enhancements and convey these ideas to the Product Development group.
• Complete development work on special projects as assigned.
Preferred Experience / Skills: • Ideally, 5+ years’ experience and college / university degree
• 2 - 5 years of experience with valve positioners and limit switches as they relate to 3rd party manufactures
• Engineering degree or degree in design drafting
• 2 - 5 years of experience with valves and actuation
• Knowledge of applicable valve automation standards (i.e. ISO 12490, API 6DX, NACE MR0175)
• Ability to work within a global environment and culture. Demonstrated ability to work with the India global engineering team and integrate them in to the day to day work.
• PTC WindChill PLM system
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
• Experience and knowledge of multiple brands, models and sizes of control and automated valves
• Required to work with, bridge any gaps and build relationships in a global team across culture, language and time zone barriers Ability to work individually, in small groups and across larger teams.
• Travel 25% of time.
Job Advertising Title: Automation Mounting Design Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Irving, Texas US
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50739BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.