Flowserve Corporation Design Engineer in Desio, Italy
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is looking for a Design Engineer who will be primarily responsible for order engineering. In this role, you will develop the best possible solutions to aftermarket jobs in accordance with customer order technical scope. You will deliver all engineering documentation necessary for order execution and provide engineering and technical support to all Services and Solutions personnel, Sales Engineers and customers.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Apply programs & methods of solving problems and modify existing product designs to meet customer needs & to improve product life according job order.
• Generate bills of material and manufacturing drawings for order execution.
• Conduct design analyses using calculations, FEA’s, & other design verification methods and document the results.
• Act as engineering liaison when hydraulic, vibration, rotor-dynamic, metallurgical or finite element analysis is performed.
• Interact with Engineered Services team, Product & Engineering Specialists, Product Management to determine solutions to complicated pump problems.
• Support customers by providing technical solutions support.
• Establish & maintains close working relationships with the Sales, Ops, OA and other functions to promote the company’s best interests.
• Assist sales and tech services with preparation of customer presentations on ongoing projects.
• Support service centers in inspection & analysis of pump elements.
• Work with other Design Engineers to promptly investigate & resolve shop floor problems relating to design or quality issues; record & report findings, make corrections & help develop and implement permanent, cost effective solutions.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
• Bachelor of Science Engineering degree or equivalent and/or 2-5 years related experience.
• Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding.
• Design for Manufacture (DFM) methodology.
• Able to effectively self-manage; makes decisions around priorities.
• Capable of working closely with internal and external customers (face to face or by telephone).
• High standard of written & spoken English; strong PC skills; additional language skills desirable.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
Primary Posting Location: Desio, Italy
Job Advertising Title: Design Engineer
Job Posting Category: Other
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 52144BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.