Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Default, Texas
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is seeking a motivated engineer to support our aftermarket business in the Northeastern and Mid-West region of the U.S. and Eastern Canada. As an Aftermarket Application Engineer, the chosen candidate will be responsible for supporting our end-user sales team with technical and commercial proposals for a variety of products. Our customers include but are not limited to Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Water Resources companies (both private and government-owned). This role involves all customer-facing activities related to the order acquisition process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders. In addition, our team is dedicated to improving the organization’s capabilities. Application Engineers are in a unique position to achieve this by championing CIP initiatives, conducting training, and developing new approaches to secure business. Some overnight travel may be required. This position reports to the Commercial Operations Manager based in Bethlehem, PA.
Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses, medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits!
Hybrid schedule is available for this position.
· Lead development of our aftermarket quotes by coordinating with engineering, sales, procurement, operations, and vendors
· Prepare proposals in a fast-paced environment, owning pricing components and technical review
· Manage multiple concurrent proposals throughout the entire bid cycle, from opportunity inception through fulfillment kickoff
· Support off-site customer project presentations and kickoff meetings
· Follow all current procedures and policies related to the order acquisition process and provide feedback on the process
· Perform technical reviews of all customer inquiry-related documents while addressing all relevant commercial constraints for the project
· Coordinate and manage sub-supplier requests, replacement parts and components, and quotations as related to pump repair requests, including effectively negotiating terms and pricing
· Develop in-depth industry and market-specific knowledge through internal and external training
· Engineering degree (BSME/CE/IE preferred) or equivalent.
· Problem-solving mindset with mechanical aptitude required.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Experience working in a Sales or similar customer-facing role is preferred. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Prior experience working in a team setting that values communication, participation, and inclusion of others is preferred.
Strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools
Req ID : R-4673
Job Family Group : Sales
Job Family : SA Applications Engineering
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.