Flowserve Corporation HSE Manager in Chesapeake, Virginia
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
This position is responsible for health, safety, and environmental programs and their related
activities. The Safety Representative will ensure compliance with all established SHEA programs and maintain compliance with OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, and other Flowserve standards. Our Chesapeake facility has an excellent track record of safety.
Flowserve offers a competitive salary and annual bonus package in addition to company sponsored pension plan and 401(k), full comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans that begin on day 1 of employment, generous vacation, personal time and paid holidays.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Manage environmental, health, and safety activities through strong leadership, communication, motivation and direction of safety committee
• Guide the development and implementation of Flowserve’s Health and Safety policies and programs with specific focus on further investing in the facility safety culture and behaviors
• Conduct a rigorous incident investigation process focused on, prevention, root cause analysis and injury prevention leading indicators
• Coordinate and provide safety training for all Chesapeake employees in the areas of Safety Health & Environmental matters
• Develop and administer New Hire Orientation Safety Training
• Investigate and maintain records for all work related injuries and/or illnesses, provide statistical analysis, and assist department management in the development of effective health and safety counter-measures to continuously improve safety objectives
• Oversee the Worker’s Compensation Program and implement an effective plan for minimizing and reducing worker injuries and associated costs in relationship to measurable data from Flowserve, and the State of VA WC
• Ensure legislative compliance with HRSD, OSHA, EPA, Fire Codes, and serve as a liaison with local agency representatives
• Serve as co-chair on the Joint Health and Safety Committee and help to coordinate activities, recommendations, and accountability of issues identified by the Safety regulations and Flowserve corporate audits
• Conduct monthly workplace safety audits and establish measurable standards from which further recommendations (continuous improvement) can be made, with effective follow-up
• Coordinate emergency evacuation procedures, training, and practice drills
• Ensure all environmental reports are submitted accurately and on time pertaining air, stormwater and sanitary sewer discharge permits
• Develop and manage the internal safety team
• Perform additional related duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of managerial experience within Health, Safety and Environmental
• Experience with Worker’s Compensation
• Experience with compliance audits and documentation
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong oral, written and organizational skills
• Exceptional computer skills
Preferred Experience / Skills:
Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Primary Posting Location: Chesapeake, Virginia US
Job Posting Category: Legal/Environmental/Safety
Job Advertising Title: HSE Manager
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50735BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.