Flowserve Corporation Global Product Engineer, Senior in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Global Product Engineer is responsible for accelerating the development and implementation of new leading-edge product technology throughout the pump product portfolio in order to provide a competitive advantage to the corporation. This position will coordinate closely with the Engineering teams of FPD and AMSS to prioritize the work with the business objectives and strategic initiatives of the operations. In addition, this position will align with M&T to develop and execute product development programs for the pump product portfolio and incorporate the outcomes of technology development efforts into Flowserve products.
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Drive a culture based on customer focus, ethics, and a strong commitment to continuous improvement and safety.
• Foster cooperation between M&T, Global Engineering and Business Unit personnel with respect to the development of new products and/or services.
• Ensure product safety and regulatory compliance through implementation of rigorous design control procedures and protocols.
• Through adherence to engineering standards and processes, ensure quality, reliability, and market competitiveness in all product designs and their application.
• Act as an effective change agent, driving adoption and long-term acceptance of target engineering transformations based on strategy, practices, procedures and systems.
• Drive standardization of products and technical content with focus on eCPQ tool enhancement and governance
• Prepare technical documentation and reports of appropriate depth and detail to document design operational requirements, product design development, and laboratory and field-testing programs.
• Maintain broad mechanical engineering skills and knowledge of state-of-the-art technical and industry trends through review of technical publications, participation in technical conferences, interfacing with external technical resources, and participation in internal and external training opportunities.
• When called upon for subject matter expertise, partner with Operations, Sales, Quality Assurance and other stakeholders as necessary to provide customer centric and highly responsive support to resolve product performance issues in the field.
• Support effective usage of the GTEC-Bengaluru pump engineering team to fully leverage their value as a flexible source of engineering capacity.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree
5-7 years of pump or industrial industry experience
Knowledge of mechanical design including fluid dynamics, mechanics of materials, drawing and machining practices, and modern manufacturing techniques
Proficient in CAE skills including 3D modeling and drafting, preferential experience in SolidWorks and WindChill PLM software
Strong analytical, problem solving with a demonstrated ability to apply technology to creatively solve problems and meet business needs
Strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to compose concise reports and presentations
Proven ability to adapt to changing organizational environment and business needs.
Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams with culturally diverse membership
Willingness to travel from base to Flowserve, and other constituent site locations with travel requirements of up to 15%, negotiable
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- M.S. in Engineering or Engineering Management preferred
Job Advertising Title: Global Product Engineer, Senior
Primary Posting Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania US
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 53383BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.