Flowserve Corporation Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Benicia, California
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk ensures the on-time flow of goods and materials from Receiving, through our repair shop for mechanical seals, to Shipping, and finally to our customers. The Clerk does this by physically unpacking, moving, and packing materials; maintaining accurate, organized records; and troubleshooting problems with shipping services.
· Receive and unpack shipments, check for accuracy, and correctly record the shipment.
· Promptly report problems with received goods to Inventory Control and the Buyer
· Create, update, and process paper and online shipping and receiving records from domestic and international suppliers and customers
· Coordinate pickups, track shipments, and troubleshoot problems by contacting suppliers and shipping companies
· Load and unload trucks using a forklift, and safely move materials within the facility
· Store materials on stockroom shelves and bins, keeping area clean and organized
· Perform stockroom tasks, such as picking orders correctly and quickly, and cycle counting
· Complete general housecleaning duties as required
Responsibilities & Requirements:
· 2+ years of shipping & receiving work history, with previous experience with the online systems of FedEx, UPS and other carriers required
· Lifting or pushing up to 50 pounds will be required on a daily basis.
· High School diploma or equivalent required. Must read, write, and speak clearly in English. Must complete basic arithmetic accurately and quickly
· Be able to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures in order
· Must have an eye for detail, so as to check part numbers, to compare purchase orders to packing slips, and to write down correct addresses and dates
· Be able to maintain organized, current paper files so that others can locate paperwork quickly
· Must be able to multitask quickly, without missing steps or dropping tasks, while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
· Have a motivated, engaged, customer-service focus
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance
Preferred Experience / Skills:
· Forklift experience preferred
Primary Posting Location: Benicia, California US
Job Advertising Title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Job Posting Category: Logistics
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 50188BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.